Boost Skin Quality by Exercising
Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday!
We all know that to achieve beautiful skin we should drink a lot of water, take supplements, get facials, buy nice product, etc. What most of disregard however is the importance of exercise. Some of the way exercise helps the skin:
- Detoxification: Exercising helps to depuff the body and face as well as helps with increased circulation
- Better Sleep: after a workout your body needs to recover, and the best way is by some well deserved beauty sleep! If you are having trouble sleeping at night try exercising for a few days and you will see a difference
- Stress Reliever: stress tends to build up and we tend to show it on our skin....running is a great way to get out of your head and reduce stress
- Glowing skin: cardio really helps to boost skin glow as it is a great way to boost circulation. Here's a good article to read
- Reduction in acne: when we exercise we remove toxins from the skin and that helps to reduce acne
My tips on working out:
- Find an ideal time that you want to go to the gym. For example, going at 5pm on a weekday is going to be very crowded as many people head to the gym from work, so maybe plan on going a little later
- Keep your gym bag in your car the night before so you don't forget it in the morning
- Buy yourself a good reusable bottle that you can fill up at home or the gym
- Make a routine and stick to it: go a day, skip a day, go three days in a row....whatever works for you
- Make working out fun: enroll in boxing class or a spin class so you're not always stuck on a treadmill
- Remember to stretch afterwards
- Remember to stay hydrated as you work out
- Invest in a good smart watch so you can track your day (I use the polar watch to track my day as well as my sleep during the night)
- Try to eat a small snack an hour before your workout to achieve greater results
- Invest in a pair of good headphones (so key!!)
The motivation to go to the gym is not always an easy one as some of us know. To excite myself to go to the gym I always try to find some new music. Here are a few recommendations below:
Movie soundtracks work so well at the gym...especially from action movies!
Any BTS song works for the gym! Blood, Sweat, and Tears and Not Today are other great titles.
I hope everyone finds a good routine for the gym!
Continue to have a great week :)